Why Live On Campus?
Students who live on campus are actively involved in learning opportunities beyond the classroom. By choosing to live with us, you are more likely to:
- Achieve a higher GPA
- Balance your priorities and commitments
- Enhance your ability to solve problems
- Interact and communicate with others effectively
- Benefit from the interactions with residents who are different from you
- Become engaged in activities on campus
- Have a greater sense of safety and security
Learning how to live independently and interdependently are important skills for living a balanced life. Enhance your college experience by living on campus. You'll have greater opportunities to broaden your interests and gain leadership experience, participate in activities, and engage in the best UT has to offer!
Students who choose to live with us benefit from unparalleled convenience.
Be close to everything
Live near classes, faculty offices, University services, libraries, computer labs, UT Rec Sports Center, UT games and events, shopping, restaurants, University Unions, and local parks and trails.
Have the luxury of time
Sneak in a nap or quick workout between classes or just take a much needed break. All you need to worry about is your next exam!
Your contract covers meals, microwave, refrigerator, internet and cable. You also have access to lounges, study areas, 24-hour computer labs, laundry facilities, and many more services.
Transportation is easy! You can walk, ride a bike, rent a scooter, or take the shuttle wherever you need to go. Students ride free on Capitol Metro anywhere in Austin.
Building and maintaining positive relationships are essential for establishing and engaging in a caring community. When you live with us, there is always something going on! For example:
- Pre-Game Festivities
- Personal development workshops
- Campus events
- Dynamic programming facilitated by student, and professional, staff members
- Unique dining experiences
- Transformative living and learning environments