Being involved on-campus and within the residence halls is one of the best ways to get the most out of your college experience! Our student leaders receive 5-star leadership development from transformative professionals within University Housing and Dining, across campus, and throughout the Austin community. Residents who get involved with our student leadership opportunities go on to become Resident Assistants (RAs) and active leaders within UT's campus community.
Longhorns for a Culturally Competent Campus (LC3):
Longhorns for a Culturally Competent Campus (LC3) is a free, 10-week workshop series designed to help students improve their cultural competency and interpersonal interaction skills. After participating in LC3, students will be better able to:
- Foster cultural self-efficacy
- Enhance cultural awareness
- Develop contextual cultural communication skills
- Strengthen self-regulation
LC3 is offered during the fall and spring semesters to UT students. Graduates of the program are invited to participate in LC4 as mentors for the next LC3 cohort and ambassadors for the program.
Longhorns for a Culturally Competent Campus Club (LC4):
The Longhorns for a Culturally Competent Campus Club (LC4) is the student organization made up of the LC3 experience. The purpose of this organization is to:
- Mentor and support students currently in University Housing and Dining’s Longhorns for a Culturally Competent Campus (LC3) program
- Promote interest in the LC3 program
- Help students on UT Austin campus better communicate through intercultural differences
Each semester, LC4 hosts a series of programs and events that promote developing cultural competency and learning to communicate across differences.