We offer Longhorn 25, Longhorn 60 and Longhorn Unlimited meal plans, which can be enjoyed at our dining halls, restaurants, coffee shops and convenience stores. Each commuter meal plan offers different amounts of meal swipes and Dine In Dollars to best fit your needs.
Who can buy a Commuter Meal Plan?
Students who live off campus (including 2400 Nueces and University Apartments residents), faculty and staff can purchase the Commuter Meal Plan. Students who live in the on-campus residence halls are not eligible to purchase a Commuter Meal Plan.
Where can I eat?
- Dining hall locations: Jester City Limits, J2 Floor and Kins Dining
- Dine In Dollars locations: Cypress Bend Cafe, Hook ‘em Hut, Jesta’ Pizza, Jester City Market, Jester Java, Kin's Market, Kins Coffee, Littlefield Patio Cafe, Longhorn Coffee Co., Tower Burgers and Fries, and Union Coffee House
What are Dine In Dollars?
The Dine In Dollars amount in the Commuter Meal Plan works like cash that can be used to purchase food and beverages at restaurants, coffee shops and convenience stores operated by UHD. Learn more about these dining locations.
When can I use my commuter meal plan?
- The Longhorn 25 and Longhorn 60 plans can be used any time J2 Dining, Jester City Limits and Kins Dining are open.
- The Longhorn Unlimited plan is active between the dates the residence halls open and close for the semester. You can find these dates on the university academic calendars. During this time, the plan can be used whenever J2 Dining, Jester City Limits and Kins Dining are open.
How will I know when my ID card is loaded with the meal plan?
Your card is activated when you see a balance in your Dine In Dollars and a meal count number greater than 0 after paying the bill through What I Owe. You may need to wait up to 60 seconds and refresh the page after paying.
How can I view my transaction history?
You can review your transaction history and see your account balance in your commuter meal plan account portal
What if I run out of money on my Commuter Meal Plan?
You can reload your Commuter Meal Plan at any time by repurchasing either the Longhorn 25 or Longhorn 60 plan.
Can I use my Commuter Meal Plan to pay for a guest meal?
You can use your Longhorn 25 or Longhorn 60 meal plan to pay for a guest meal. The Longhorn Unlimited meal plan cannot be used to pay for a guest meal.
Does my Commuter Meal Plan expire?
- If you purchased a Longhorn 25 or 60 plan, the meal plan rolls over as long as your UT ID is active.
- Longhorn Unlimited plans expire at the end of each semester.
- All plans are non-refundable.
What happens to my Commuter Meal Plan if I leave UT?
Once your UT ID is inactive, any remaining funds on your Commuter Meal Plan are non-refundable.
Still have questions? Email our housing team for more information.