Laundry services are available to residents and are included in the housing rate. Washers and dryers, as well as ironing boards, are provided in each residence hall. You will need to supply your own iron. The washers and dryers are designed to save water and energy. Our front load washers use 11.7 gallons of water per cycle and spin at up to 1200 rpm’s, which helps reduce drying time.
For best results, please follow these guidelines:
- Check the labels on clothing and follow the directions for proper cleaning.
- Follow the directions on the front of the machines and the signs in the laundry rooms for proper operation. Front-load washers use less detergent than top-load washers.
- Use a low-sudsing detergent specifically designed for High Efficiency front-load washers. Using too much detergent causes excess suds and may result in the detergent not completely rinsing out of clothing.
- We recommend using ¼ cup of liquid HIGH-EFFCIENCY (HE) detergent. Add the liquid detergent in the dispenser compartment.
- Detergent PODS may also be used, however PODS may not dissolve completely in our low water use washers. For best results, PODS must be placed directly into the tub prior to placing clothing. DO NOT USE THE DISPENSER COMPARTMENT.
- The use of powder detergent is not recommended, as it does not perform well in low water use washers. If using powder detergent, it must be placed directly into the tub prior to placing clothing. DO NOT USE THE DISPENSER COMPARTMENT.
- The lint trap inside the dryer must be cleaned before each use. Make sure the lint trap located behind the door of each machine is clean before use. A clogged lint trap will not allow the dryer to operate properly. Please do not remove the actual lint trap from the dryer.
Notify your area desk or complete a Maintenance Request Form if machines are not operating properly. The desk can report malfunctions and assist you in reporting damaged belongings.