July 1 – Oct. 31
- Secure sponsorship from a University of Texas at Austin vice president or a dean.
- Submit Summer Conference Reservation Request online and include the following:
- Estimated dates, university sponsor department and contact, estimated group size, estimated early arrivals or late departures, billing method and estimated dates of meals.
- Summer Conference Agreement Form will be sent by conference team to be signed by University sponsor and conference organizer.
- Connect with Summer Conference Team to make residence hall assignments and on-campus dining plans.
Nov. 1 - March 1
- Summer Conference Agreement Form due to conference team by March 1.
- Plan Child Protection Training and contact CPT Officer (only applicable for youth groups, ages 17 and under).
- Provide participant ADA needs or other accommodations to Summer Conference Team.
- Submit San Jacinto and Duren Event Space Request (usage incurs extra fees).
- Optional requests, if needed:
- University Housing and Dining Catering.
- Audio-visual equipment and furniture for meeting spaces.
- Recreation Sports facilities.
- Parking and Transportation Services.
- Complete Child Protection Training (only applicable for youth groups, ages 17 and under).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1 to set up a phone meeting with conference staff to confirm all plans, including:
- Conference check-in and check-out times for the residence halls and meal periods.
- Guest and commuter meal plans.
- Event space reservations and catering.
- Final participant ADA needs or other accommodations.
- Billing information or UT account number.
- Submit marketing materials pertaining to housing and dining for review.
30 Days Prior to Arrival
- UHD closes conference registration for individual pay conferences
- Finalize your conference agenda and publications
- Submit check-in registration needs (furniture, set-up, lobby space, etc.) and same for check-out
- Submit final catering choices and guarantee numbers (if needed)
Five Days Prior to Arrival
- Submit final overnight housing roster with room assignments to Summer Conference Team.
- Contact Parking and Transportation Services for parking passes or instructions for distribution at check-in.
First Day of Conference
- Conference organizer should arrive at least one hour prior to check-in to confirm set up is correct and meet with Conference Coordinator to ensure housing roster is accurate.
- Post signage for conference with blue tape on approved University property locations.
- Set up check-in tables in designated area or at the front desk.
- Review cancellations and no-shows.
- Check event facilities and media equipment (if applicable)
Throughout Conference Stay
- Report any facility needs or maintenance concerns to the nearest 24-hour desk or to your Conference Coordinator.
- Report any guest or participant departures and arrivals to your Conference Coordinator.
Last day of the Conference
- Check out at your designated time.
- Each participant will need to check out individually to ensure all keys are returned.
- Coordinate facility clean up and return of rental equipment.
Five Business Days After Last Departure
- Billing sent to conference organizer. Review final billing invoice for housing, meals, event spaces and/or catering charges. Send approval or any updates needed.
- Any discrepancies, errors or oversights must be submitted in writing to Conference Services within five business days of billing delivery.
- Take your website offline.
- Complete UHD Summer Conference Survey.
Ten Business Days After Last Departure
- Final bill payment due for housing, meals, event spaces and catering.
Questions or Comments
Please email Conferences and Events.