Summer Conference Planning Timeline
July 1 – Oct. 31
- Secure sponsorship from a University of Texas at Austin vice president or a dean.
- Submit Summer Conference Reservation Request online and include the following:
- Estimated dates, university sponsor department and contact, estimated group size, estimated early arrivals or late departures, billing method and estimated dates of meals.
- Summer Conference Agreement Form will be sent by conference team to be signed by University sponsor and conference organizer.
- Connect with Summer Conference Team to make residence hall assignments and on-campus dining plans.
Nov. 1 - March 1
- Summer Conference Agreement Form due to conference team by March 1.
- Plan Child Protection Training and contact CPT Officer (only applicable for youth groups, ages 17 and under).
- Provide participant ADA needs or other accommodations to Summer Conference Team.
- Submit San Jacinto and Duren Event Space Request (usage incurs extra fees).
- Optional requests, if needed:
- University Housing and Dining Catering.
- Audio-visual equipment and furniture for meeting spaces.
- Recreation Sports facilities.
- Parking and Transportation Services.
- Complete Child Protection Training (only applicable for youth groups, ages 17 and under).
- Email email@example.com by May 1 to set up a phone meeting with conference staff to confirm all plans, including:
- Conference check-in and check-out times for the residence halls and meal periods.
- Guest and commuter meal plans.
- Event space reservations and catering.
- Final participant ADA needs or other accommodations.
- Billing information or UT account number.
- Submit marketing materials pertaining to housing and dining for review.
30 Days Prior to Arrival
- UHD closes conference registration for individual pay conferences
- Finalize your conference agenda and publications
- Submit check-in registration needs (furniture, set-up, lobby space, etc.) and same for check-out
- Submit final catering choices and guarantee numbers (if needed)
Five Days Prior to Arrival
Submit final overnight housing roster with room assignments to Summer Conference Team.
Contact Parking and Transportation Services for parking passes or instructions for distribution at check-in.
First Day of Conference
Conference organizer should arrive at least one hour prior to check-in to confirm set up is correct and meet with Conference Coordinator to ensure housing roster is accurate.
Post signage for conference with blue tape on approved University property locations.
Set up check-in tables in designated area or at the front desk.
Review cancellations and no-shows.
Check event facilities and media equipment (if applicable)
Throughout Conference Stay
- Report any facility needs or maintenance concerns to the nearest 24-hour desk or to your Conference Coordinator.
- Report any guest or participant departures and arrivals to your Conference Coordinator.
Last day of the Conference
Check out at your designated time.
Each participant will need to check out individually to ensure all keys are returned.
Coordinate facility clean up and return of rental equipment.
Five Business Days After Last Departure
Billing sent to conference organizer. Review final billing invoice for housing, meals, event spaces and/or catering charges. Send approval or any updates needed.
Any discrepancies, errors or oversights must be submitted in writing to Conference Services within five business days of billing delivery.
- Take your website offline.
- Complete UHD Summer Conference Survey.
Ten Business Days After Last Departure
- Final bill payment due for housing, meals, event spaces and catering.
Questions or Comments
Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.