Who Is Eligible for Housing?
Any student currently enrolled at the University with at least 30 credit hours or more from any university.
Applicants must be admitted to the University at the time of application and must meet the minimum enrollment hours requirement:
- Six (6) semester hours for Dissertation
- Nine (9) semester hours for Graduate & Law students
- Twelve (12) semester hours for Undergraduate students
Enrollment is not required through the summer semester, however you must be admitted to UT Austin working towards a degree. The initial contract must be for a minimum of one year or longer.
Things To Know
- Subleasing is not allowed and could be cause for contract termination.
- Completing the University Apartments online orientation and returning all required documents is mandatory before move-in is scheduled.
- Residents of Brackenridge are responsible for their own electricity and gas hook up and will be billed by the City of Austin and Texas Gas Service for these services.
- Electricity must be in contract holder's name and the confirmation email must be submitted to the Apartments office PRIOR to move in.
- Electricity for Colorado and Gateway is billed by the University and listed on the monthly billing statement.
The University Apartments application portal is temporarily closed. The application portal will reopen at a future date so please check back for more information.
As of March 1, 2019, there are currently 961 applicants waiting for an apartment.