With the rapidly evolving situation and ongoing concerns about COVID-19 (coronavirus), University Housing and Dining continues to closely monitor the latest information from the university and has taken a number of precautionary measures to keep you well.
Your well-being is our number one priority. Our leadership is meeting regularly to address and enact prevention and response efforts as the situation continues to evolve. Thank you for your patience while additional changes and modifications may be necessary.
Please continue to monitor this page for the latest updates.
Last updated: March 19, 2020
- Our dining operations are only offering to-go meals. In-house dining is no longer an option.
- Residence halls will have entrance doors locked 24/7. Residents will be able to access their hall by swiping their UT ID card.
- We will continue to have staff available 24/7 for on-call emergency assistance. In the event that the front desk of your residence hall is closed, a phone number for on-call staff will be posted.
- Residents are encouraged to begin forwarding their mail to their preferred destination. For students who are staying in emergency housing, mail will be routed to another desk and students will be informed about where to pick up the mail.
- University Housing and Dining has limited dining options available over the extended spring break. Updated hours of operation can be found here.
- Students can use their Bevo Pay funds at off-campus dining locations.
- Facilities staff will remain on-call to provide services for emergencies.
- Changed entrance method to have students swipe their own card
- Removed all self-service options
- Increased the number of grab-and-go options
- Replaced flatware with single-use plastic ware at gravity fed dispensers
What University Housing and Dining is doing to keep you well
In our residence halls
- All high touch areas such as study lounges, door handles, faucet handles, flush handles, elevators and elevator buttons, exit devices and drinking fountains are disinfected a minimum of three times daily
- Student check-out vacuums and moving carts disinfected twice daily
- Community and public bathrooms disinfected twice daily
- Disinfectants are rotated to increase effectiveness of eliminating germs
- Trash is removed daily
In our dining locations
- All door handles, cooler handles and touch screens are sanitized
- All common containers, such as condiment handles, bottles and napkin dispensers are wiped down with disinfectant hourly
- All work stations are wiped down with disinfectant hourly
- Food serving utensils are changed out hourly
- All dining chairs are wiped down and disinfected daily
Here is what you can do...
- Continue to take preventative measures.
- Practice the university’s guidelines on social distancing: Maintain a distance of six feet between yourself and others whenever possible.
- If you have questions regarding your health or if you have a concern about the health of another person, contact the UHS 24/7 nurse hotline at 512-575-6877.
- Only guests who are on-campus residents will be permitted in the residence halls. Non-residents will not be permitted to check into the residence halls.
- Residence hall desks will not be checking out supplies, including kitchen equipment, movies and games.
- All residence hall programming will occur virtually. Residents will be notified of any programming or community development opportunities.
- Room change requests will be processed for emergency situations only. Please contact email@example.com if you have questions regarding a room change request.
- All residence hall tours, including viewing the show rooms, have been suspended