We’re always searching for talented individuals to join our team and the best way to find them is to utilize our amazing group of employees! If you know someone who would be a good addition to the Division of Housing and Food Service (DHFS) and you refer them for employment, you will receive a reward* once they have completed 30 days of service with DHFS!
Meal card for use in a DHFS food service locations (value of $25)
- Refer qualified applicants to Human Resources using the EmployeeReferralForm.pdf. If your applicant is hired you will receive a reward once they have completed 30 days of service with DHFS.
- Applicants can only be referred to Full-time and Part-Time positions under this program.
- DHFS employees are eligible to refer applicants. There are a few exceptions:
a. Staff with hiring authority over the referred applicants are not eligible
b. Directors are not eligible
c. Human Resources staff are not eligible
- These categories of applicants are not eligible to be referred:
a. current and former employees of DHFS
b. current Temporary agency staff
c. current UTemp staff
d. DHFS summer staff
e. contract workers
f. student staff
- The hiring of a referred applicant must occur within 180 days (6 months) of the initial referral date. For full- time positions, the referral date cannot be earlier than the date the job opening was posted.
- Referrals must be made using the Employee Referral Form and must be submitted to DHFS Human Resources before the applicant has been scheduled for an interview.
- The first employee to refer an applicant will be the only referring employee eligible for reward. Human Resources will note the date and time of submission for each referral form received.
- Only qualified applicants will be considered. Applicants will be evaluated for employment consistent with DHFS policies and procedures. Information regarding the hiring decision will remain confidential.
- There is not a limit on number of applicants an employee can refer.
- The referring employee must have active employee status with DHFS at the time of referral and at the time the hired applicant completes their first 30 days of employment in order to receive the reward.
- Any disputes or interpretations of the program will be handled through DHFS Human Resources.
Applications and forms may be submitted to Human Resources via email to (DHFS.Jobs@austin.utexas.edu).
Online applications may be completed at www.housing.utexas.edu/workhere
If you have any questions you may contact our DHFS Human Resources Office at 512-232-8360.