The Campus Environmental Center is gearing up for another Trash to Treasure Donation Drive! We greatly appreciate UHD's continued support of this program. The Donation Drive will be held May 7-16 during exam week and student move-out. Trash to Treasure Donation Drive bins will be placed in halls on Monday, May 7 in the morning.*
The following halls are scheduled to receive bins:
- Jester East (3 large bins)
- Jester West (4 large bins)
- San Jacinto (2 large bins)
- Moorehill (2 small bins)
- Kinsolving (2 large bins)
- Duren (1 large bin)
Bins will be checked once daily during weekdays and on an as-needed basis on weekends. Bins will be checked twice daily during the final three days of exams. All bins will be removed from the residence halls on the morning of Wednesday, May 16.
Tips for Success!
- The front desk has garbage bags to place donated items into - you are encouraged to share with roommates or friends if you don't use the whole bag.
- Place all items (EXCEPT FOOD AND BEDDING) in a black bag.
- Place all bedding items (sheets, comforters, pillows, etc) inside a pillow case.
- Pay attention to the bin labels. Make sure everything is going in its proper place and/or only accepted items are being donated (e.g., no trash, food in Central Texas bin, bedding in pillow cases, etc).
To report overflowing bins or schedule additional pickups: Call Jazzmyne Herrington (832-797-3031), or email email@example.com
*If there is inclement weather the team will place the bins the following day. The distribution and pickup schedule will remain the same. You will all be notified of any changes.