The Future of IPTV is Here - Stream2!
Check out the IPTV - Stream 2 Brochure for all the details.
DHFS has also partnered with Apogee to premiere their revolutionary new IPTV (Internet Protocol Television) service, Stream2, in your residence hall. With Stream2, students will be able to watch their favorite entertainment programming on several of their devices.
At this time, DVR is only available on iOS and Android devices.
With DVR capabilities, Stream2 allows you to record all your favorite programming and watch at your convenience (with added pause, rewind and fast-forward functionality). This feature includes a 24-hour window of replayable content PLUS 20 hours of storage per user!
Set Up Your Account
On-campus hall residents can register for an account with their UT email address at MyCampusVideo.com. Once account is created, students will need to follow the next steps to get connected to Stream2 live TV:
- Go to Help.MyStream2.com — Installation and Setup for instructions on how to
- Once the app has successfully downloaded to your device, use your MyCampusVideo username and password to login to the app download the app to your approved devices.
- Once the app has successfuly downloaded to your device, use your MyCampusVideo username and password to login to the app.
For further assistance, please contact Apogee support using the information on the right-hand side of this page.
Apogee Cable TV solution
The Division of Housing and Food Service, in conjunction with campus Information Technology Services, has partnered with Apogee to provide a cutting-edge cable TV package, designed exclusively for UT Austin. As a leader in the higher education technology space, we are confident you will be pleased with what Apogee is offering. This forward-thinking solution will provide the best in entertainment programming and a wide range of cable channels. Some of these new features include:
- HD channels
- HD quality at 1080i
- Premium channels (HBO & Cinemax)
- Comprehensive line-up
- 24/7 premium support
Cable TV Channel Lineup - UTChannelLineup.pdf
2 Analog Test Channel
Cable TV Service
You will need to supply a cable jumper to connect your television to the wall jack. Our cable provider recommends a cable jumper with the following specifications:
Size RG-6 or RG-59; Quad-shield Preferred/Tri Shield at a minimum; Impedance-75Ohm rated; Shielding-60%/40% aluminum braid for Quad-shield cable and 70% for tri-shield cable; Center Conductor-Solid Copper-clad steel wire center conductor; Jacket5-Flame retardant polyvinyl chloride (FRPVC) jacket Dielectric-Gas injected foam polyethylene (SFS) insulation. Push-on connectors are not recommended.
NOTE: The DHFS cable TV distribution system does not support adding DVR's or cable boxes to receive digital and/or premium cable television stations.
Before you contact Apogee's support please take the steps below.
- Connect your jumper cable cord from the wall to the TV.
- Turn the TV on and press setup or menu on the TV.
- Set the TV to operate off of cable TV reception or it might be labeled CATV.
- Go back to the main menu and find auto scan or it might be named auto program.
- The TV should now be scanning all available channels.
Suggestions or Comments
Send comments via email to DHFS Housing.