- How do I apply?
All you need to know about applying can be found here.
- Can I apply before I am accepted at the University?
No. Before you can apply for an apartment, you must be admitted to the University of Texas at Austin and enrolled full time at the time you are offered an apartment.
- How much is the application fee?
The application fee is $50.00.
- Is the application fee refundable?
- Is there a minimum stay requirement at University Apartments
Yes, completion of a 12 month stay is required in order to be eligible to vacate without penalty, after proper notice. Vacating after less than 12 month's occupancy will result in a re-letting fee of 85% of the remaining month's charges or until the unit is re-leased.
- When I graduate, can my apartment contract be transferred to another member of my household?
No, when you graduate or leave the University, all members of your household must vacate at the same time that you vacate. There is no provision to transfer a contract into another member's name, regardless of relationship. If other members wish to have a contract in their name, they will be required to apply for an apartment and wait for an apartment offer.
- How do I find my status on the waiting list?
You may call the office at 512-232-5299 or email our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How long can I remain on the waiting list?
Your application remains on the waiting list until you are offered an apartment. At that time, you will be sent an email giving you the option of designating a new preferred move-in date or have your application deleted from the waiting list. If you do not reply to the email, your application will be permanently deleted from the waiting list.
- If I don't receive a contract offer by the first day of class, what happens to my application?
You stay on the current waiting list until your name reaches the top of the list.
- How will I be notified that an apartment is ready for me?
You will be notified by email. For this reason, it is very important that you update you official email address and contact information through UTDIRECT. Also, per the University Electronic Mail Student Notification Policy (Use of E-mail for Official Correspondence to Students) you are required to check your email frequently.
- What is the process for selecting an apartment?
When you receive an email notification of available apartments, you will log on to an online apartment offer system. You will see a listing of all available apartments and their dates of availability. You must select an apartment, a move-in date, pay the $300 deposit and rent due to confirm your contract. NOTE: Once you select an apartment you cannot make changes. Contact the office before making payment if you made a mistake in your apartment selection.
- How long do I have to confirm an apartment?
The email will indicate how long the offer remains valid.
- Can I change my move-in date after I pay my deposit and rent?
In most cases, NO. Maintenance is scheduled for your apartment based on your move-in date and cannot be changed. You would need to contact the office to discuss this further.
- Are the apartments furnished?
Each apartment has a stove and refrigerator only.
- Are pets allowed?
Only service animals for residents with disabilities are approved in advance by the Services for Students with Disabilities office.
- How do I report a maintenance problem in my apartment, when the office is not open?
You can enter a Maintenance Request Form on-line. If you think it is an emergency, you can contact the afterhours Community Advisor.
- Who may live in the University Apartments?
The Student resident contract holder may have others live in their apartment as follows:
- Guests - Any adult, age 18 and older, staying more than 72 hours must be listed on as guests on the contract and are required to provide a photo ID.
- Dependants - Under the age of 18 and have a legal relationship to the contract holder must be listed on the contract. Proof of relationship is required.
- Is subletting allowed?
No, subletting is prohibited
- How many people can live in the one, two and three bedroom apartments?
One to three people may live in a one-bedroom apartment. Two to five people may live in the two-bedroom apartment. Five to seven people may live in the three-bedroom apartment.
- How long can I live at the University Apartments?
A student can live in University Apartments for up to seven years.